Medical Association Marketing
Membership marketing, new brand identities, member engagement are several of the issues medical associations and professional societies are facing. Let us share our knowledge with you from our work with 20-plus membership organizations. Chances are there’s an issue you’re facing that we’ve addressed.
Check out our video and case studies and see the difference and experience our expertise makes.
American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (AMSSM)
The American Medical Society for Sports Medicine, a medical society made up of physicians who are board-certified in primary care and non-surgical sports medicine. They have come to Springboard seeking a partner to help them achieve their branding goals. In addition, they focused on “branding” their members. AMSSM’s goal was to enhance their member’s preference in the healthcare landscape. First phase of our engagement was to define the unique equity and positioning of their members. This led to the following set of deliverables:
- A standardized naming convention/reference for the AMSSM members
- An updated identity, brand architecture and graphic standards
- Messaging platforms to key audiences
- A new creative design template, theme and tagline
Meanwhile, the next phase was for creating and implementing the marketing communications needs to effectively tell the unique Sports Medicine Physician story to:
- Inspire members
- Create stronger partnerships
- Engage consumers
- Target communications
American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS)
Springboard was asked to help establish the ASDS Member brand. In doing so, Springboard launched a public awareness / consumer education campaign for the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, located in Rolling Meadows, IL.
The American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS) is the largest specialty organization in the United States. Currently, they exclusively represent dermatologic surgeons who have unique training and experience to treat the health, function and beauty of skin throughout every stage of life. ASDS members are leaders in the field of cosmetic and medically necessary skin surgery, and want to be recognized as such.
Springboard worked with ASDS to create a multi-faceted branding campaign which include:
- National digital marketing – SEM, landing pages, video content, pre-roll, display ads, social media and SEO/content strategy.
- Print advertising – Strategic placement in relevant national publications
- Member marketing toolkits – Linking individual member practices to the national campaign, members are provided with materials. These include tabletop signs, fliers, patient newsletters, videos, digital ads, postcards, invoice stuffers, print ads, member seal window clings and a branded member certificate. Furthermore, materials are also available online for customization and downloading.
Member Marketing Toolkit
All of the materials produced for this campaign are made available in the Member Marketing Toolkit and are available to all ASDS members. The toolkit includes print ads, posters, direct mail, online videos, social media templates, digital ads, and invoice stuffers.
American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) turned to Springboard to help with member recruitment. In addition to promoting the value AAP brings to their patients and practice of medicine. Springboard developed and produced a number of member engagement videos targeting non-members overall and specifically targeting early career pediatricians who had yet to join AAP. These engagement videos are embedded on the AAP web site, used at membership events and have been featured in multiple social media campaigns.
Funeral and Memorial Information Council (FAMIC)
The Funeral and Memorial Information Council (FAMIC) is an “association of associations”. They represent all aspects of the funeral industry. This includes funeral homes and cremation societies to monument builders and casket makers. FAMIC engaged Springboard to help create a logo/identity for the association that represents their combined mission. In doing so, the logo/identity would also provide direct and open information regarding death care and memorialization from the leading associations of service providers and businesses.
National Consumer Engagement Campaign / Member Marketing
Springboard worked with FAMIC to create “Have the Talk of a Lifetime.” This is a consumer education outreach effort which urges families to talk with loved ones about life, the things that matter most and how they want to be remembered when they die.
The Have the Talk of a Lifetime campaign began as a grassroots campaign. That means that local funeral homes and suppliers throughout the country were provided with marketing tools to share educational materials with consumers in their community. In order to help create positive momentum for the industry, the marketing tools were developed and distributed to the members via DVD and online. Member participation in the Have the Talk of a Lifetime campaign is helping people in their communities discover unique life stories of the people who matter most to them. Finally, these discussions can help families and friends make important decisions about how they wish to remember and honor the lives of their loved ones through meaningful memorialization and understand the important role that funeral professionals (members of FAMIC organizations) play in the memorialization process.
All materials drive consumers to this landing page, where they can learn more about Having the Talk and download a brochure.
A series of banner ads were developed to drive consumers to Have the Talk of a Lifetime, by having them download a brochure from the landing page.
Print ads are available for Funeral and Memorial Information Council members to co-brand and run in their local marketplaces to increase consumer engagement and drive people to the Have the Talk of a Lifetime website.
Academy of General Dentistry (AGD)
The Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) is the oldest dental association in the U.S. Furthermore, it is the only one that is specifically supports and educates general dentists. AGD has developed an industry-leading Continuing Dental Education (CDE) certification program called PACE, PACE is administers by approved continuing education providers nationwide. According to market conditions, AGD identifies a short-term opportunity to promote PACE as the approval program of choice to continuing dental education (CDE) providers. In addition, Springboard developed and implemented an integrated marketing campaign to drive CDE program providers to seek PACE approval. This campaign successfully targets providers to the PACE section of the AGD website, where conversions could be tracked and interested providers could take the next step in their approval process. In the end, this campaign has the following tactics:
- Direct mail
- Email marketing
- Website and landing page development
- Production of a testimonial based video
- Paid search ads
- Digital display ads re-marketing to those visiting the PACE landing page
Urgent Care Association (UCA)
The Urgent Care Association of America (UCAOA) is recognized as the largest, most notable trade and professional association in urgent care. Thus recently, the urgent care industry has evolved with consumer demands for more affordable, high-quality and convenience healthcare options. Competition grew as well, with other healthcare options coming to the market each day, including telemedicine, retail clinics, e-visits, and more.
Accordingly, UCAOA has challenged Springboard to help expand and broaden the scope of the urgent care industry. Thus, to engage with other providers of “urgent care” through a new identity and tagline.
After research and leadership interview from key stakeholders, Springboard shortened the name to “UCA” with tagline “Your gateway to better” to reflect the market of on-demand medicine.
What Makes Medical Association Marketing Successful
- Member sell-in/engagement – working with leadership, task forces, and committees to ensure that the scope and expectations are aligned. Also, to gain as many insights as possible into the desired direction and tone of the communications.
- Research and data supporting marketing directions – healthcare executives believe (and they should) in data points and research findings. So, do we.
- Committee leadership – It’s important to have credibility and leadership with your committees – you can expect that from Springboard.
- Results – we work with your staff to identify how each tactic will be measured and tracked so we can help you promote success among your leadership and members.
- Value-add – there’s always “something else” that can be done with the ideas and materials generated in a campaign. Our philosophy is to “take a big idea and make it work, in as many ways possible.”
Springboard has vast experience in this category. If your associations could benefit from engaging Springboard in any medical association marketing, please contact us.