Medical Association Marketing
Springboard has had the pleasure of working on several professional societies and medical associations marketing. Often, we educate and elevate the expertise held by an association’s membership. Other times, we engage “end-users” with a heartbeat message that speaks to their hopes, dreams and passions – positioning the association’s members as those best able to meet them. No matter the initiative, our work connects the value these organizations deliver to inspire and help its members thrive.
Our work with medical association marketing and branding includes:
- Quantitative and qualitative research
- Brand positioning (for the association and/or its membership), value proposition and promise statements
- Association and member identity, brand architecture and graphic standards
- Member acquisition, retention, conference and CME strategies and tactics
- Customizable and co-branded member marketing materials and toolkits
Below you will find a few very brief case studies that showcase work we’ve done for professional and medical association marketing and branding:
American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS)
Springboard was asked to help establish the ASDS Member brand. In doing so, Springboard launched a public awareness/consumer education campaign for the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, located in Rolling Meadows, IL.
The American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS) is the largest specialty organization in the United States. They exclusively represent dermatologic surgeons who have unique training and experience to treat the health, function and beauty of skin throughout every stage of life. ASDS members are leaders in the field of cosmetic and medically necessary skin surgery, and wanted to be recognized as such.
Springboard worked with ASDS to create a multi-faceted branding campaign that included:
- National digital marketing – SEM, landing pages, video content, pre-roll, display ads, social media and SEO/content strategy.
- Print advertising – Strategic placement in relevant national publications
- Member marketing toolkits – Linking individual member practices to the national campaign, members were provided with materials. These included tabletop signs, fliers, patient newsletters, videos, digital ads, postcards, invoice stuffers, print ads, member seal window clings and a branded member certificate. Materials were also available online for customization and downloading.
American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) turned to Springboard to help with member recruitment, promoting the value AAP brings to their patients and practice of medicine. Springboard developed and produced a number of member engagement videos targeting non-members overall and specifically targeting early career pediatricians who had yet to join AAP. These engagement videos are embedded on the AAP web site, used at membership events and have been featured in multiple social media campaigns.
Funeral and Memorial Information Council (FAMIC)
The Funeral and Memorial Information Council (FAMIC) is an “association of associations” representing all aspects of the funeral industry. This includes funeral homes and cremation societies to monument builders and casket makers. FAMIC engaged Springboard to help create a logo/identity for the association that represented their combined mission. In doing so, the logo/identity would also provide direct and open information regarding deathcare and memorialization from the leading associations of service providers and businesses.
National Consumer Engagement Campaign / Member Marketing
Springboard worked with FAMIC to create “Have the Talk of a Lifetime.” This is a consumer education outreach effort to urge families to talk with loved ones about life, the things that matter most and how they want to be remembered when they die.
The Have the Talk of a Lifetime campaign began as a grassroots campaign. That means that local funeral homes and suppliers throughout the country were provided with marketing tools to share educational materials with consumers in their community.
In order to help create positive momentum for the industry, the marketing tools were developed and distributed to the members via DVD and online. Member participation in the Have the Talk of a Lifetime campaign is helping people in their communities discover unique life stories of the people who matter most to them. These discussions can help families and friends make important decisions about how they wish to remember and honor the lives of their loved ones through meaningful memorialization and understand the important role that funeral professionals (members of FAMIC organizations) play in the memorialization process.
Academy of General Dentistry (AGD)
The Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) is the oldest dental association in the U.S. and only one that that is specifically focused on supporting and educating general dentists. AGD has developed an industry-leading Continuing Dental Education (CDE) certification program called PACE, which is administered by approved continuing education providers nationwide.
Based on market conditions, AGD identified a short-term opportunity to promote PACE as the approval program of choice to continuing dental education (CDE) providers. Springboard developed and implemented an integrated marketing campaign to drive CDE program providers to seek PACE approval. This campaign successfully drove targeted providers to the PACE section of the AGD website, where conversions could be tracked and interested providers could take the next step in their approval process. This campaign was delivered through the following tactics:
- Direct mail
- Email marketing
- Website and landing page development
- Production of a testimonial based video
- Paid search ads
- Digital display ads remarketing to those visiting the PACE landing page
Continuing Education Video
Drives AGD members to seek a PACE-approved CDE provider
Urgent Care Association (UCA)
The Urgent Care Association of America (UCAOA) is recognized as the largest, most notable trade and professional association in urgent care. Over the past couple of years, the urgent care industry has evolved with consumer demands for more affordable, high-quality and convenience healthcare options. Competition grew as well, with other healthcare options coming to the market each day, including telemedicine, retail clinics, e-visits, and more.
UCAOA challenged Springboard to help expand and broaden the scope of the urgent care industry and to engage
with other providers of “urgent care” through a new identity and tagline.
After research and leadership interview from key stakeholders, Springboard shortened the name to “UCA” with tagline “Your gateway to better” to reflect the market of on-demand medicine.
What Makes Medical Association Marketing Successful
- Member sell-in/engagement – working with leadership, task forces, and committees to ensure that the scope and expectations are aligned. Also, to gain as many insights as possible into the desired direction and tone of the communications.
- Research and data supporting marketing directions – healthcare executives believe (and they should) in data points and research findings. So, do we.
- Committee leadership – It’s important to have credibility and leadership with your committees – you can expect that from Springboard.
- Results – we work with your staff to identify how each tactic will be measured and tracked so we can help you promote success among your leadership and members.
- Value-add – there’s always “something else” that can be done with the ideas and materials generated in a campaign. Our philosophy is to “take a big idea and make it work, in as many ways possible.”
Springboard has vast experience in this category. If your associations could benefit from engaging Springboard in any medical association marketing, please contact us.